Non-Invasive & Natural Back Pain Treatment
Dr. Giust has served his Brookhaven community for years, and in that time he's worked with thousands of men and women suffering from back pain and related symptoms. If you're currently struggling with this extremely common condition (estimates show about 8 out of 10 of us will experience at least one back pain episode in our lifetime), then we invite you to find out more about how we can help you.
People who suffer from back pain often report a wide variety of symptoms. The pain itself may be described as achy, dull, throbbing, or sometimes even stabbing, shooting, or burning. Additional symptoms, which vary on a case by case basis, may include:
- Muscle tenderness and spasms
- Back stiffness
- Decreased mobility
- Decreased tolerance to standing or sitting, or pain that worsens with activity
- Numbness, tingling, and weakness in one or both legs (if nerve involvement occurs)
Despite how common back pain is, it's not always entirely clear what's causing it in each person. In these cases, the back pain can be said to be idiopathic (no known cause); fortunately, even idiopathic back pain has been shown to respond positively to chiropractic care.
Of course, knowing the underlying cause and contributing factors will only help customize treatment options, so an accurate diagnosis is helpful whenever possible. The following diagnoses are some of the most common causes of back pain experienced by our patients here at Giust Chiropractic Center:
- Muscle strain or spasm
- Spinal ligament sprain
- Vertebral joint lock or misalignment
- Degenerative disc disease
- Disc herniation or bulge
- Sciatica, radiculopathy, or any other type of nerve impingement syndrome
- Stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Other underlying diseases (e.g., fibromyalgia, depression, pregnancy-related back pain)
As mentioned, most of us will experience back pain at least once in our lives, although some of us may be at a greater risk for developing it. This includes people who are overly sedentary, people who are overweight, people who smoke, and people who have physically demanding jobs.
Dr. Giust treats back pain by addressing the symptoms and underlying causes. He may use any of the following treatments and techniques:
- Chiropractic spinal adjustments and spinal decompression to realign the spine and relieve tension and pain signaling in the central nervous system
- Modalities like massage and cold laser therapy to provide natural pain relief, improved tissue healing, and increased circulation
- Physiotherapy, corrective exercise prescription, and lifestyle and nutritional counseling to prevent recurring back pain by teaching each patient better ways to move, eat, and gain strength and endurance in postural muscles
Don't live needlessly with dysfunction related to your back pain. The chiropractor team here at Giust Chiropractic Center is committed to helping every person coming through our door find effective relief from their symptoms and an improvement in their overall well-being. To schedule your initial consultation with our Brookhaven chiropractor, contact us now by calling (601) 833-8100.